Important notification: First Changes to PADI eLearning®
In order to meet our member’s needs and to streamline the process as much as possible, we have been working on the first series of modifications of the eLearning platform. There will be several changes that we would like to inform you about that may affect the way you do business.
The following changes will be effective as of tonight around 10.00 am PST / 19.00 CET / 18.00 UK.
Changes for PADI Members
- Once the consumer has registered to eLearning, the PADI Dive Center/Resort chosen by the consumer will be receiving a self-billing invoice for their share within approximately 24 hours. There is no longer a need to send an invoice to PADI to receive your share.
- The Member’s share will be credited to the respective Member account within 24 hours.
- Members will receive a monthly eLearning statement, giving you an overview of how many eLearners you had last month and the total amount you got credited. To use this credited money, three possibilities offered:
- Use the credit for purchases of PADI material, renewals, applications etc. (does not work with eShop orders)
- Claim the money back via PayPal within seven days
- Reimbursement via bank transfer (there will be a minimum amount for a bank transfer due to bank fees and charges may apply)
- The invoice will include 20% VAT for PADI Members based in EU countries that do not have a registered VAT number with PADI
- Members with home address outside of European Union and all Members with registered VAT number will not pay any VAT
- PADI eLearning Gift Pass purchases are following the same rules
- The PADI eLearning course prices for consumers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa will remain the same as per their numerical figure however the currency will change from US$ to EUR, GBP, CHF and AU$. i.e The PADI Open Water Diver Course Online will now be EUR 102.00, GBP 84.00, CHF 126.00 and AU$ 130.00, rather than US$130.
You will find here all course prices in all three currencies.
Changes for consumers:
- Instead of charging eLearning transactions in US$ only, PADI eLearning transactions will now be processed in EUR (Euro), GBP (British Pound), CHF
(Swiss Franc), US$ (American Dollar) or AU$ (Australian Dollar) depending on the home country of the eLearning purchasers and consumers. You will find
all course prices here.
- Consumers with a registered home address within a member country of the European Union will be charged 20% VAT.
There will be no changes to the PADI Member revenue share percentage for PADI eLearning. PADI eLearning continues to grow
in importance for PADI Members and this is represented in the US$8.3 million that has been paid out to PADI Members so far.
The changes will make PADI eLearning even more attractive for consumers and be much easier to handle for PADI Members.
We will keep you updated with any further information in regards to these changes as they are implemented. You can also refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document for further clarification
If you have any questions please email [email protected].