Nearly 3,000 of you voted in the 2013 Ocean Action Project helping to deliver much needed support to six new conservation projects strongly focused on manta ray and shark protection as well as educational projects targeting marine debris.
The 2013 winning Ocean Action Projects are:
- Ecotourism and Awareness for Manta Ray Conservation, Planeta Oceano, Peru
- Protecting Sharks and Rays from Fishing Boats in the Andaman Sea, Blue Guru Conservation, Thailand
- What Goes Around Comes Around – Communicating Marine Debris Science Through Visual Arts, The Plastic Ocean Project, USA
- Thailand eShark Project, Shark Guardian, Thailand
- The Great Fiji Shark Count, Fiji Dive Operators, Fiji Islands
- This Project is Rubbish! South African Shark Conservancy, South Africa
“Every day our conservation leaders face new and difficult battles to protect our ocean. Thanks to our donors Project AWARE is able to deliver support to six Ocean Action Projects building a new wave of protection on the ground and in the water,” says Joanne Marston, Associate Director, Project AWARE Foundation.
All Ocean Action Projects are required to keep a log on their My Ocean profile page so you can keep up to date with the progress. You can read all about the actions and progress of last years winners.
Thank you to everyone who applied.