Join dive centres worldwide in this unique partnership programme.
More than 200 PADI Members and Dive Centres worldwide are putting ocean protection at the heart of their businesses. You can join them and become 100% AWARE – Project AWARE’s Partnership Giving Program exclusively for PADI Members.
For your business 100% AWARE means you can:
- Streamline PIC Online Process – give all of your students the AWARE certification card, in one easy step.
- Effortlessly support ocean protection with every certification.
- Create loyal customers who appreciate and value your commitment to conservation.
- Partner with Project AWARE to protect the underwater world your business relies on.
- Gain positive exposure to a movement of more than 1.5 million scuba divers worldwide.
Many dive professionals support ocean protection, but 100% AWARE dive centres and instructors have a special commitment. They partner directly with Project AWARE to support a clean, healthy ocean planet by making a donation for each certification onbehalf of their dive students.
You can be part of Project AWARE’s 20 years of successful marine conservation programs by joining 100% AWARE, the only environmental partnership program of its kind. Email i[email protected] or download the agreement form today.
What are the benefits?
You can promote your commitment to conservation with AWARE’s fantastic marketing tools:
- Posters, flyers, decal, certificate, web banners and social media tools to promote your support.
- Listed as a 100% AWARE Partner and featured on the global map www.projectaware.org
- Broad reach – Project AWARE has a reach of approx 1.5 million globally.
- My Ocean Online Badge and a shout out on Facebook – Project AWARE has over 123,000 followers and growing.
- Your partnership contributes 10 points towards the PADI Green Star award and waives the usual fee.
- Connect directly to customers who want to dive with centres who are environmentally responsible
Divers pledge to harness the power of scuba for conservation
Project AWARE launches its modernized 10 Tips for Divers to Protect the Ocean Planet – a code of conduct for scuba divers to safely interact and protect underwater environments at the same time. The eco ethic aims to harness the power of scuba to influence environmental change – one dive at a time.
10 Tips for Divers is an ethic to live by. Just as climbers and campers have a code, so do millions of certified divers around the world. Also incorporated into PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) training courses and materials, Project AWARE’s 10 Tips for Divers to Protect the Ocean Planet will reach millions, from professional to recreational level scuba divers.
“Small conscientious acts for conservation, multiplied by many like-minded people, can add up to something big,” said Alex Earl, Executive Director for Project AWARE. “The ocean faces ever-increasing threats today. Project AWARE’s 10 Tips focuses on top ocean issues globally where divers can specifically make a difference. Thanks to corporate partnership with PADI, Project AWARE is able to extend our nonprofit reach to educate and engage divers globally and advance our critical mission for ocean protection.”
Scuba divers everywhere can boost their eco by taking this ocean ethic to heart and take the pledge to follow 10 Tips for Divers to Protect the Ocean Planet every time they dive and travel.
- Be a Buoyancy Expert
- Be a Role Model
- Take Only Photos – Leave Only Bubbles
- Protect Underwater Life
- Become a Debris Activist
- Make Responsible Seafood Choices
- Take Action
- Be an Eco-tourist
- Shrink Your Carbon Footprint
- Give Back
Discover and share the full version of 10 Tips for Divers with recommendations for divers and ocean advocates of all levels at projectaware.org/10Tips.
The new 10 Tips for Divers poster is available to order from the PADI EMEA eShop.
As a valued PADI Member, you now have free access to these ScubaEarth® Extras features and benefits to test before they are widely available:
- Unlimited PADI eCards – Access all your PADI eCards. It’s a great way to display all your certifications via the PADI App. You update/ display all your PADI e-cards using your PADI Pro’s login details.
- Critter Finder – In addition to detailed marine species information, you can see photos and find out where to spot your favorite critters.
- Personalized Dive Dashboard – Manage your favorite ScubaEarth components, like dive sites, dive buddies, marine species and featured destinations, with these interactive slates
To access these exciting benefits, sign in now (or set up your ScubaEarth profile) and select the blue Extras button in your ScubaEarth profile dashboard for more information.
Your ScubaEarth Team